The Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion (REI) supports projects, events or new initiatives that seek to enhance a respectful, equitable, diverse and inclusive community at York University through its Equity and Diversity Fund (EDF).
What we support
- York University Faculty, Staff and/or Student groups (those registered with SCLD).
- Events, projects, or other initiatives that address harassment and discrimination under provincial human rights legislation and York University’s human rights policies or contribute to REI’s mission and vision; and
- Up to $500 to cover service costs that make your initiative accessible, such as ASL interpretation/Real Time Captioning costs. We also support audio-visual (AV) and printing costs.
What we do not support
- Events or initiatives that violate provincial human rights legislation and York University’s human rights policies, such as those that have the effect of marginalizing, discriminating, harassing an identifiable group of persons covered under grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code;
- Politically motivated events or initiatives;
- Events where alcohol is served; and
- Costs for anything that falls outside of what is stipulated in point 3 of "What we support" above or where the funds are transferred to a third party.
How to apply:
- Complete our Application Form. Note: The form must be saved first in order to type into the sections. Funding for a recurring event requires a new application form for each event.
- Submit the form by email or fax to email@example.com or 416-650-4823.
- Applicants will be contacted by REI within two weeks of an application submission.
Deadline: Funding requests are received all year, however, the EDF is limited and applications will be reviewed and considered on a first come, first served basis.
Note: Funding will be provided when official receipts are secured and the Reporting Form is completed - in other words, after the initiative is completed. REI can also pay your service provider directly once an invoice is received so that you are not out of pocket.
Contact: Regan Mancini, Programs, Outreach and HR Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-736-5682