We are pleased to have David Lepofsky, Odelia Bay and Maayan Ziv speak about accessibility and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). The second part of the event will be an interactive workshop that is meant to generate political action to advance accessibility in Ontario. This event is made possible by a collaboration with Enable York, Critical Disability Studies Student Association (CDSSA), Centre for Human Rights (CHR) and Counselling & Disability Services (CDS).
- 11:30am to 12:30pm – Speaker Series
- 12:30pm to 2:30pm – Interactive Workshop
- David Lepofsky – Is a disability rights advocate, a blind lawyer and chairs the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Alliance (AODAA), the Toronto District School Board Special Education Advisory Committee and co-chairs of Barrier-Free Canada. He is currently a visiting professor at Osgoode Hall Law School.
- Odelia Bay – Is a lawyer, scholar and activist. Bay is currently a doctoral student at Osgood Hall Law School.
- Maayan Ziv – Is an activist, photographer and entrepreneur. She is the founder of AccessNow, an app that uses crowdsourcing to pinpoint accessibility information of public and private spaces on an interactive map.
Space is limited, so please RSVP at CDSSA@YUGSA.CA
Please email us about any accessibility needs by February 29, 2016
Check out our event poster!