This pilot seminar is primarily designed for faculty with a particular focus on the challenging areas of graduate supervision. This offering is complementary to other university training on unconscious bias in recruitment. At the end of the session, participants may expect to:
- Understand the growing importance of cultural competency in the changing context of graduate education.
- Reduce unconscious biases for faculty supervisors and staff members.
- Improve capacity to identify interpersonal impediments to dispute resolution between parties.
- Increase the ability to create an environment of trust.
- Receive a confidential individual cultural competency report.