The Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion invites you on Thursday March 8, 2018 to York University's International Women's Day 2018 event focusing on the theme of Reimagining Women's Rights.
The theme is "Reimagining Women’s Rights." This event brings together multi-sector panelists with diverse professional and personal expertise to initiate a change in the conversation about women’s rights, frequently narrowly conceived and promoted.
The moderated session includes 6 panelists in a roundtable discussion on women’s rights; specifically focused on intersectionality, inclusivity and the diversity of experiences within the broad parameters of ‘women’s rights’.
This event is free of charge and is open to all who are interested in participating in this important conversation.
- Supriya Dwivedi, Host of The Morning Show on Global News Radio 640 Toronto (Read full bio here)
- Francesca Accinelli, Director of Communications and National Promotion, Telefilm Canada (Read full bio here)
- Shyra Barberstock, President and CEO, Okwaho Equal Source (Read full bio here)
- Minha Ha, PhD Candidate, Mechanical Engineering, Lassonde School of Engineering (Read full bio here)
- A.W. Peet, Professor, Physics, University of Toronto (Read full bio here)
- Kim Stanton, Lawyer, Goldblatt Partners LLP (Read full bio here)
- Kyisha Williams, Film Director and Public Health Professional (Read full bio here)
This event will have;
- Flat room entry
- For any accessibility-related accommodations, please contact Heather Shipley at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We would like to thank our partners including the Lassonde School of Engineering, Office of Alumni Relations, and Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies.