The Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion (CHREI) hosts a variety of resources to assist students, faculty and staff in upholding human rights, equity, and inclusion at York University. In addition to the resources noted here, visit us to see the ones available in our office (see address below).
Online Harassment Guide for Faculty and Staff
Students, staff, and faculty at York are working, learning, teaching, and collaborating online and in virtual spaces more and more.
Many forms of unacceptable behaviour, including personal harassment and harassment based on the grounds listed in the Human Rights Code (Ontario) (which includes sexual harassment), can take place online much the same as they might take place in person.
If you believe you are experiencing harassment online or in virtual spaces, you have options for taking action to ensure the harassing behaviour ends and that York Community members are held accountable for their conduct or comments.To learn more, please click the link below for the full guide.
Understanding Racism: A Guide for Faculty, Staff and Students
Want to learn more about racism, its impacts, and what resources are available to those who are experiencing racism? To learn more, please click the link for the full guide.
COVID-19 Impacts on Student Learning and Equity: Report
Interested in learning more about how, through equity and intersectional lenses, COVID-19 can impact students? Follow the link below for a brief report on this issue.
York University's Policies & Procedures
Inclusion Lens: Event Management Tool
- Inclusion Lens - an Event Management Tool designed to assist York University in engaging all peoples in events!
Resource Guides: Know your Rights
Creating and distributing resource guides is just one way CHREI assists students, faculty and staff in maintaining human rights at York University.
We are working on making our resources more accessible. Attached PDFs, available for download, are now accessible via screen readers.
- Hate Propaganda: A Guide for Students, Faculty & Staff
- Sexual Harassment: A Guide for Students, Faculty, & Staff
- Gender Expression/Gender Identity: A Guide for Students, Faculty, & Staff (Inclusive Language)
- Accommodating Disability: A Guide for Students, Faculty, & Staff
- Accommodating Creed (Religion): A Guide for Students, Faculty, & Staff
- Faculty Resource Guide: Teaching Students with Disabilities
- La propagande haineuse : Guide pour les étudiants, les membres de la Faculté et le personnel
- Accommodating Family: A Guide for Students, Faculty, & Staff
- Additional Resources on Accessibility & Accommodation (Disability)
- Additional Resources on Gender/LGBTQ*/Positive Space
- Ramadan 101: Practices, Allyship & Accommodation
- Additional Resources on Sexual/Gender-Based Violence
- Additional Resources on Race